The few days in between Christmas and new year life goes on as usual. The kids are playing with their presents and are happy, we might go for a walk later at Cliveden, it’s a beautiful national trust place but the weather hasn’t been great. Later we are seeing some friends but it is these few ‘normal’ days that feel the least normal in the whole year. I guess it’s a few days of reflection and focusing on the future. We always get asked what our new years resolution is and we never make it though the whole year, sometimes not even the first week. Are we too hard on ourselves and put everything we want one giant step and it just seems impossible to get there and I know for me it’s putting it off, I want to lose weight but I can’t this month its such and such celebration and I eat all month instead of just enjoying that one day. I know this has to change and it will by taking one day at a time not a whole year at a time! I have a whole list of things I want to do in 2015 and instead of completing them or failing them in the first month I am breaking them down. I have put a lot of thought into this so here goes, the first 3 months…
- To come off Facebook for a whole month – I am finding I am logging on throughout the day without even realising I am doing it. If I want to know what people are up to I will contact them personally.
- To transition into a vegan household.
- To save £50 – this doesn’t seem a lot but trust me, I am useless at saving money!
- Remember to blog!!!
- I want to go on a road trip – I have a couple of weeks off during February and would love to pack the car up and go to a couple of places and just discover them.
- To use the gym at least 3 times a week – I am a little bit lazy when it comes to the gym. I need to have my gym stuff packed in the car and go straight after school drop off.
- Remember to blog!!!
- The month of saying yes more or no but do more things and learn it is ok to say no sometimes – I am a people pleaser and tend to say yes I can help someone out when actually it completely throws a spanner in the works with my day. It is ok to say no sometimes but remember to say yes to all those opportunities no matter how little they are, you never know what they might lead too.
- To take more photos! – I love photography and I love my camera so this month I need to use my camera 3 times a week (if not more) maybe to look into challenges I can take part in.
- To actually organised the girls birthday parties – I always seem to leave it until the last-minute but this year I want to plan and throw a party. Ebony will be 7 and Paige will be 14 *having heart palpitations at this.
What are your new year or new month resolution? I would love to hear them. Have a great ‘normal’ day Lisa x